- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate squares and 1/2 cup butter in the top of a double boiler. Bring the water to a boil; reduce heat to low, and cook until the chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Add flour and reserved chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat waffle iron. Drop dough by 2 teaspoonfuls onto iron. Close iron, and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until done. Let cool on wire racks. Continue cooking cookies until your dough is gone.
- Top with frosting once they are cool.
- Cream butter; add cocoa, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixture. Gradually add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, beating until smooth.