Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Unique cookie recipe...not done in the oven, but cooked in a waffle iron!
Make and share this Waffle Iron Cookies With Chocolate Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine chocolate squares and 1/2 cup butter in the top of a double boiler. Bring the water to a boil; reduce heat to low, and cook until the chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Add flour and reserved chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat waffle iron. Drop dough by 2 teaspoonfuls onto iron. Close iron, and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until done. Let cool on wire racks. Continue cooking cookies until your dough is gone.
- Top with frosting once they are cool.
- Cream butter; add cocoa, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixture. Gradually add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, beating until smooth.
My oven is broke so I thought these would be a nice treat for my family. I followed the recipe as written. The cookies were good but very rich for me. We all enjoyed them.
Absolutely wonderful, & oh, so different from the usual idea of a cookie! I did cut the recipe in half for this first time around, but I'll be making these again & again, I know ~ Great tasting AND a conversation piece, too!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Almost 5 Special Event]
When I first saw this recipe had to try it as I was fasinated by the use of the waffle iron. It was so much fun and came out nice and soft and hardened after sitting. They are a rich chocolate though so beware, I made them pretty small once I tasted them but wasn't one left once the DGSs got to them. If you like chocolate, you'll love these. Made for ZWT 2011