Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
When I was young we used to make this all the time. Use any flavor ice cream you desire. And the options are endless for the trim if you want.You can add a layer of peanut butter, fluff, preserves..... July 4Th.09 I made the waffles on the grill. A great way to keep it outdoors and yummy! When my guest smelt the waffles grilling they came running!
- 2 toasted hot waffles or 2 chocolate chip waffles
- 1 cup ice cream (cut to same size of waffle)
Your pick of Garnish
- 1 -2 tablespoon decorative candies (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed nuts (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted coconut (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon granola cereal (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon praline (optional)
- peanut butter spread on before ice cream (optional)
- If using peanut butter,fluff or preserves spread a thin layer on one waffle.
- Place the ice cream inside the waffles.
- Then roll the optional garnishes along sides of the ice cream. And enjoy!
Im so happy to see this recipe posted! Its my favorite even till today. We warm up the maple syrup and pour it over the top, so it gets sticky... but still fun!
Awesome treat for adults and kids! Super easy and great customizable sweet goodness! Had a craving for ice cream sandwiches, but didn't feel like making the cookies...this was a much better and way less work! Try and get the waffles as crisp as possible without burning and it will remind you of a waffle cone. I really suggest adding a thin layer of whipped topping to each waffle, a small amount of chocoalte syrup and then what ever flavor ice cream you desire.
My grandma used to make homemade waffles and use neopolitan ice cream. We would have this for dinner sometimes when my sister and I would spend the night. We didn't use a garinsh. You gotta love a grandma who lets you eat this for dinner. Thanks for the sweet memories.