When I was young we used to make this all the time. Use any flavor ice cream you desire. And the options are endless for the trim if you want.You can add a layer of peanut butter, fluff, preserves..... July 4Th.09 I made the waffles on the grill. A great way to keep it outdoors and yummy! When my guest smelt the waffles grilling they came running!
- 2 toasted hot waffles or 2 chocolate chip waffles
- 1 cup ice cream (cut to same size of waffle)
Your pick of Garnish
- 1 -2 tablespoon decorative candies (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed nuts (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted coconut (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon granola cereal (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon praline (optional)
- peanut butter spread on before ice cream (optional)
- If using peanut butter,fluff or preserves spread a thin layer on one waffle.
- Place the ice cream inside the waffles.
- Then roll the optional garnishes along sides of the ice cream. And enjoy!