1/1 Photo of Waffle Cones or Bowls
This is my basic recipe to make waffle cones. I make these and roll into shape for ice cream cones, or place over the back of custard cups to make small bowls. I also make them and cut with a pizza cutter and make squares, which can be used for ice cream sandwiches, or also in baking squares or cakes, as the crunchy layers in between. You need a cone waffle maker or use a pizzelle machine to make the cones. I do have both machines and do prefer the waffle cone maker for this project.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the eggs, adding in the sugar gradually, beating until smooth. Add the cooled melted butter and the vanilla.
- 2Stir in the baking powder and flour, and blend making a sticky , drop by spoon batter.
- 3Drop heaping tablespoon onto heated machine maker and close lid and bake. These will only take 30 to 40 seconds to bake each one. Just bake until your desired golden is reached.
- 4While still warm and before putting on the next one -- either roll into cone shape, place over the back of bowls and press down slightly to shape, or trim with a sharp knife or pizza cutter and make squares. This has to be done quickly as they will crisp up fast.
- 5After the first one I taste test for the flavour and crispness, then I know if I have to bake longer or not so long.
- 6Keep in a tight fitting tin. They stay crisp well.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waffle Cones or Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 139.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g