Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my basic recipe to make waffle cones. I make these and roll into shape for ice cream cones, or place over the back of custard cups to make small bowls. I also make them and cut with a pizza cutter and make squares, which can be used for ice cream sandwiches, or also in baking squares or cakes, as the crunchy layers in between. You need a cone waffle maker or use a pizzelle machine to make the cones. I do have both machines and do prefer the waffle cone maker for this project.
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Beat the eggs, adding in the sugar gradually, beating until smooth. Add the cooled melted butter and the vanilla.
- Stir in the baking powder and flour, and blend making a sticky , drop by spoon batter.
- Drop heaping tablespoon onto heated machine maker and close lid and bake. These will only take 30 to 40 seconds to bake each one. Just bake until your desired golden is reached.
- While still warm and before putting on the next one -- either roll into cone shape, place over the back of bowls and press down slightly to shape, or trim with a sharp knife or pizza cutter and make squares. This has to be done quickly as they will crisp up fast.
- After the first one I taste test for the flavour and crispness, then I know if I have to bake longer or not so long.
- Keep in a tight fitting tin. They stay crisp well.
this is a very usefull recipe because you don't need to spend three dollars on store brand
thank you so very much for this recipe. I have a waffle cone maker, but lost my recipe. I appreciate finding a recipe that has been tried. thanks so very much!
I am so very disappointed. I followed directions perfectly and my batch turned out like xxxx :-( :-(