Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a recipe that I am using while dieting. It is a very filling breakfast. Of course this probably would be even better with real eggs if you are not watching fat calories. Feel free to play with it by using bacon, cheese, ham, what ever floats your boat.
- pam original nonstick cooking spray
- 2 turkey sausage patties, chopped
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (with Yolk)
- 3 tablespoons light margarine
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 8 frozen honey oat waffles, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°F Spray 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine sausage and Egg Beaters; pour into prepared dish. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until center is set. Cool slightly; cut into 4 squares.
- Mix Fleischmann's and maple syrup in small bowl until blended.
- Assemble 'waffle-wiches' by spreading 1 teaspoon maple spread on each waffle. Place 1 Egg Beater square between 2 waffles. Repeat with remaining waffles. Cut each in half.