1/1 Photo of Waffle Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Carrie in Indiana's Note:
My friend Jen brought a similar recipe to a work function once and I loved it! Of course, she could not find the recipe she used, but we found this one and it is very close. This is a bit more interesting in texture than your normal breakfast casserole! Active prep. time does not include chill time. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet cook sausage until brown, drain off fat.
- 3Arrange 3 of the waffles in a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- 4Top with half the sausage and about 1/3 cup of cheese.
- 5Repeat layers.
- 6In a large bowl beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk, mustard and pepper.
- 7Pour over layers in baking dish.
- 8Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- 9Bake dish uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 11Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 12If desired, serve with maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Waffle Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.9
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 254.9 mg
- Sodium 499.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 29.3 g