Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pronounced Wa-hoo; not sure where the name came from, just what we've always called it. Another of my mom's recipes...we have this every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's so good!
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 6 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 25 cups water
- 5 cups apple cider
- 3 cups sugar
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 tea bags (regular Lipton)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup red-hot candies
- Place all ingredients in a large kettle and simmer 20 minutes or longer. Use cinnamon sticks and candies to taste.
- Strain cloves, teabags and cinnamon sticks and serve hot.
- We transfer to a large crock pot to keep warm.
WOW! This was delicious--everyone loved it. It was pretty sweet, even though I only put in 1 cup of sugar, so next time I'll leave the sugar out, and I prefered it with about double the apple cider, but the lemonade and orange juice concentrate really went well with the cinnamon. The tea also added a delicious component. This tastes like ambrosia!