Recipe by Redsie
Will make these for the kids at Christmas - with green sugar!! You need to use a cake mix that makes 2 layer (you can use vanilla or chocolate). From Kraft
- 1 (18 ounce) boxconfetti cake mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (85 g) packages gelatin powder, any flavour
- 1 (1 liter) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 24 sugar ice cream cones
- 1⁄2 cup colored crystal sugar
- 1⁄4 cup star-shaped candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake batter and bake in 24 paper-lined medium muffin cups as directed on package. Cool in pan 10 minute (Do not remove from pan.).
- ADD boiling water to jelly powder; stir until completely dissolved. Pierce cupcakes with large fork or wooden skewer at 1/2-inch intervals. Spoon jelly evenly over cupcakes. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove cupcakes from pan. Spread each with 1 tablespoons of the whipped topping. Place 1 ice cream cone, tip-end up, on top of each cupcake. Spread remaining whipped topping evenly over cones. Sprinkle with the coloured sugar and sprinkles. Store in refrigerator.
- How To Frost Cupcakes:.
- Make sure cupcakes are completely cooled before frosting. A warm cake can cause the frosting to soften or melt.