Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very tasty and amazingly fluffy!!! I made these as I had no milk or eggs and wanted pancakes. I came up with this recipe, remembering a recipe for wacky cake my mother makes, and thought it might work for pancakes and it does.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered coffee creamer
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 cups warm water (helps vinegar and soda work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Mix all dry ingredients in medium bowl then add WARM Water and Vanilla, and mix well. Add Vinegar mixing well.
- Get skillet warmed to med/med high add a Tbsp of cooking oil of choice for one to two pancakes add as needed, pour in batter approx 5 inches around.
- Cook until edges brown and center starts to bubble, flip and let cook thoroughly.
- Serve with butter and syrup or your choice of toppings.
I made this using pralines & cream flavoured creamer and cut the sugar down to 1/4 cup. I did find that the mixture was really thin so the pancakes were more like crepes, maybe cutting the water down may be an idea. The taste was great though so thanks!
it's a good recipie, these are not thick pancakes, they are more like thick crepes. Thought if you need something that's no egg these are it. they flavor is really nice. I found they cooked best at 275* and I cooked them with butter. I also used apple cider vinegar.
taste was great!