Top Review by ti
This is by far the best homemade chocolate cake. We have used this recipe in my family for years. The best topping that we have for the cake is homemade applesauce. Wonderful comfort food!
- 354.88 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cocoa
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 73.94 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml water, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, soda and salt.
- Make three wells in the flour mixture.
- In one put vanilla; in another the vinegar, and in the third the oil.
- Pour 1 c cold water over all and stir.
- No need to beat.
- Pour into 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (not batter).