Recipe by loriroberts
This a dense heavy chocolate cake. It's actually made with Cocoa, no actual chocolate. It takes NO eggs or Milk. It is my whole family's favorite cake. You can serve this cake with or with out frosting, it's that good!!! It's extremely easy to make, and only takes 30 min to bake. I hope you will give it a try.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 --
- In large mixing bowl; Add flour, sugar, soda, salt, & cocoa. Use wire whisk, whisk together well.
- Make 3 wells in the dry mixture, 1 large and 2 small. In large well add oil, then add vinegar in one well, and vanilla in the other.
- Pour cold water over all. Using wire whisk, whisk all ingredients together until mixed well. About 1 or 2 minutes. Don't beat!
- Pour into an ungreased 9 X 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min., or until tooth pick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Frost cake with desired frosting, or serve unfrosted. Delicious either way. Enjoy!