Recipe by Montana Heart Song
My husband grew up on this salad.I received the recipe from his cousin. It is a nice salad to serve during the summer or potluck. Serve with fried chicken and corn on the cob.
- 473.18 ml kidney beans, drained
- 3 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and sliced
- 236.59 ml red onions or 236.59 ml white onion, diced
- 118.29 ml yellow pepper, diced
- 118.29 ml red pepper, diced
- 78.07 ml sweet pickle relish
- 78.07 ml evaporated milk
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml sugar or 4.92 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 2.46 ml horseradish cream, dressing
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a serving bowl add: kidney beans, eggs. onion, yellow and red peppers and relish. Mix lightly.
- In mixing bowl add: evaporated milk, mayonnaise, sugar or Splenda and horseradish dressing, salt and pepper.Mix well.
- Pour over salad, mix and toss to cover with dressing.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.