Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My husband grew up on this salad.I received the recipe from his cousin. It is a nice salad to serve during the summer or potluck. Serve with fried chicken and corn on the cob.
- 2 cups kidney beans, drained
- 3 eggs, hardboiled, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup red onions or 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish cream, dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a serving bowl add: kidney beans, eggs. onion, yellow and red peppers and relish. Mix lightly.
- In mixing bowl add: evaporated milk, mayonnaise, sugar or Splenda and horseradish dressing, salt and pepper.Mix well.
- Pour over salad, mix and toss to cover with dressing.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.