Recipe by Ex-Pat Mama
This gravy is made from broth and veggies only. Based on a recipe from NomNom Paleo. I used Chicken broth as my base, but of course any broth will do - it just depends on what you're serving for dinner.
- 2 cups chicken broth, homemade is best
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan. Simmer about an hour until the veggies are extremely soft.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and veeeeeeeery carefully add in any fat from the chicken (or other delicious meat) that you were cooking.
- Get out your handy dandy immersion blender. Carefully, so as not to spray yourself with scalding chicken/veggie mixture, blend the concoction until it has a nice thick gravyish consistency.
- Serve immediately and be amazed at what an awesome cook you are. You'll never use flour to thicken your gravy again!