Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Taken from Nom Nom Paleo - I just changed the spices a teensy bit.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef ribs, remove the meat, save the bones to make broth
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, Thermomix Tomato Paste - No Added Sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, Salsa Roja Asada is best
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced
- Preheat the oven to 300º F, 150º C.
- Cut the meat into 1 1/2 inch cubes. In a large bowl combine the beef, chili powder, and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven - or other oven-safe pot. Saute the onion until translucent.
- Stir in the tomato paste and allow to cook for 30 seconds or so.
- Toss in the mashed up garlic. Add in the seasoned beef, the salsa, stock, and fish sauce. Bring the whole thing to a boil. Smells good already. But wait, there's more!
- Cover the Dutch oven and place in the preheated oven. Let it sit for about 3 hours. The beef will be fall-apart tender and so delicious it will bring tears to your eyes. Keeps for 4 days and reheats well.
- Sprinkle a little chopped cilantro over all right before serving. Viva!