Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Homemade mayo that is W30 compliant, and delicious. Using the immersion blender makes this recipe easy. I like a lot of salt - you may want to cut back to 1/2 a tsp if you are salt sensitive.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon no-added-sugar Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil, light-tasting is best
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT oil in the immersion blender beaker. Allow them to come to room temperature. This is an important step. Cold ingredients will not work. Not at all. Not even a little bit. Don't risk it. Stop. Put the blender down. Go watch TV, take a walk, fold the laundry. Do something but do NOT try to blend your mayo.
- When everything is nice and room temperaturey - blend for 10 seconds or so until thoroughly mixed.
- Slowly, slowly, slowly add in the oil while blending. You may need the whole cup - you may not. If the mayo gets to the consistency you like - STOP adding oil. If you add too much there is no going back!
- Store in the fridge, use within a week.