Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another great recipe that is WW friendly. Super easy - another 3 ingredient recipe that tastes like you've slaved over the stove all day long. I've made with tenderloin and this works as well. W W Points - 6 per chop with 1/4 cup sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless sirloin pork chops
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix in baking dish the Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce & Onion Soup Mix.
- Place pork in baking dish and spoon some of the mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, turn chops and continue to bake uncovered additional 20-30 minutes or until pork is done & tender.
- Serve spooning sauce over pork.
- To freeze: Place chops in a freezer bag and seal. Mix together the soup and cranberry sauce. Place in a second bag and seal. Place both bags into a larger freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw overnight in fridge. Proceed with cooking directions.
Were sorry we just didn't care for this recipe. I guess personal taste in this case.The recipe is super easy and quick that was a major selling point for us to try the recipe...oh well maybe next time....
I'm not giving stars here because I don't want to be unfair ... I very much appreciate your posting this recipe. My problem with it was the Lipton Onion Soup mix. I used to cook with it all the time and loved it. But I hadn't used it for a couple of years. I found that I don't much like the taste of it anymore -- too chemical-y! I think the basic recipe is very useful, and I'll do it again and try to substitute other ingredients for the onion soup mix (garlic, diced onion, some spices). Thanks for posting!
Mixed reviews coming from my family. I thought it was okay (3 stars) DH said "Good" (4 stars). My 8 yo DD loved it (5 stars!) DD is picky so that goes along way with me :) Average was 4 stars, hence the rating. Since I'm the cook I'm not sure we'll be having it again. Poor DD!