Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy "Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes". (5 pts.) Quite nice!
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn, crushed (or use 2 tsps cracked black pepper)
- 1 lb filet mignon (4 1/4-lb steaks)
- 2 large fresh zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Press crushed peppercorns into both sides of the steaks to coat evenly.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook until and instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a steak registers 145 F for medium, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer to a platter, cover and keep warm.
- Add the zucchini and shallots to the skillet; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the brandy and cook about 20 seconds. Stir in the broth, mustard and salt. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Spoon the vegetables and sauce over the steaks.