1/1 Photo of W W Peppered Steak With Brandy-Mustard Sauce - 5 Pts.
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Recipe courtesy "Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes". (5 pts.) Quite nice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn, crushed (or use 2 tsps cracked black pepper)
- 1 lb filet mignon (4 1/4-lb steaks)
- 2 large fresh zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Press crushed peppercorns into both sides of the steaks to coat evenly.
- 2Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook until and instant-read thermometer inserted into the side of a steak registers 145 F for medium, about 5 minutes each side. Transfer to a platter, cover and keep warm.
- 3Add the zucchini and shallots to the skillet; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the brandy and cook about 20 seconds. Stir in the broth, mustard and salt. Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Spoon the vegetables and sauce over the steaks.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for W W Peppered Steak With Brandy-Mustard Sauce - 5 Pts.
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.3
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 404.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium beef broth