Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are super yummy. I'm not on weight watchers so I tend to fatten up the recipes a little to add flavor. This one I only substituted bell pepper with more onion and seasoning. It also had some steak sauce instead of Worcestershire. These work well on the grill too!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute about 8 minutes and cool to room temperature.
- Spray cooking spray on to the broiler and preheat. Mix the mushroom mixture, beef, Worcestershire, and seasoning.
- Divide the meat into 4 patties. Broil 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
- Let the burgers set 5 minutes.
- Serve with tomatoes and lettuce on buns.