Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These burgers are a great change from regular old hamburgers. I make double the recipe and freeze the patties for when I want. Got this out of weight watcher cookbook. You should give these a try. Very good. 1 burger=6pts or 306 calories.
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- COOK BACON SEPARATELY AND SET ASIDE.
- Mix together turkey,onion,soy,ketchup,garlic,pepper and cheese. Mix together and form into patties.
- Grill or fry in pan.
- Put on bun add 1 strip bacon and slice of tomato. (I add about 1 T. lite Hidden Valley salad dressing on my bun).
Everyone in my family liked this. Hallelujah! I didn't change anything. I grilled the burgers on my indoor grill on medium high. As far as I was concerned, they didn't need any ketchup or anything else. My kids, of course, put ketchup on theirs. Anyway, my advice to anyone on the fence: go for it!
I made this recipe last month. We used whole wheat buns, put some pickles on the burger, and ate it with a salad. Delicious!
These were really good. I got the recipe from the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook and the only thing different in the book is that they call for 1 tsp minced fresh garlic instead of the garlic powder. My family enjoyed them!