Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup is so soothing and delicious. It comes from my weight watchers cookbook. When I make this I eat it everyday until it is gone. I love it with ww cheese cornbread crumbled up on the bottom of my bowl.Makes 4 servings. 3 pts per serving.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dried split peas, cleaned
- 1⁄2 cup slivered turkey bacon
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 chicken bouillon cube (optional)
- 4 cups water
- Heat oil and sauté onion and garlic and carrot for about 5 minutes.
- Add the split peas plus 4 cups of water.
- Add all other ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
YUM! I made this for dinner the other night, and it turned out wonderful! I used Canadian Bacon instead of turkey bacon to make it a Core Plan recipe. I also used 3 cans of chicken broth, and about half a can of water. I think it gave it a wonderful taste. I will definitely be making this again!