Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I admit it - I'm a Food TV fanatic. Saw this recipe being made and ran back to the computer to print it off before I forgot, and am glad I did. This is wonderful. Recipe is from Juan-Carlos Cruz. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups salad greens
- Cut boneless, skinless cooked chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT salad greens.
- Cover and let marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Serve over salad greens.
Honored to be the first to review this! I too saw this on Food Network and couldn't wait to try. It looked so yummy! Well, it taste even better. We had it for dinner in lettuce wraps and I had it for lunch the next day on top of Romaine lettuce. I did add some low cal Parm. Vinegarette dressing to the salad and also added black pepper. Who would have thought that strawberries and cilantro and onions would go so good together, but they do! This is very healthy and full of great flavor. Highly recommend. Will make again.