1/1 Photo of Vueltas de Carne
To "dar vueltas," means to "flip" or "go around in circles" which is why these steaks are named so! A quick flip in the pan and they're done! These make great sandwiches, or are good alone served with crusty french bread to soak up the sauce. Garlic mayo really compliments the meat too. They can be made with beef, pork or chicken, as long as the cut of meat is very thin. They get better with time, too, so if you want, you could make them a day ahead and just heat them up when you're ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound steaks with a meat mallet until very thin. Salt and pepper both sides of steaks.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients, and brush onto steaks.
- 3Allow to marinate for at least 1/2 an hour.
- 4Heat a small amount of olive oil over fairly high heat, until just about smoking, fry steaks very quickly on each side, just enough for it to lose the pink--don't worry if it isn't cooked completely through--it will be after the next step.
- 5Remove any burned garlic.
- 6Transfer steaks to a shallow pot and cover.
- 7With the juices remaining in the pan, add a little white wine and reduce just a bit and pour over steaks.
- 8Heat through.
- 9The steam from the sauce will have cooked the steaks through.
- 10Serve with crusty french bread and garlic mayo.
- 11These can be made into sandwiches too!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vueltas de Carne
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.4
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 139.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 50.3 g