Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I took a recipe and made it my own. These cookies turned out to be a hit in my family. I only make them at Christmas and the family looks forward to them every year.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 8 ounces white chocolate bark, melted
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees.
- In large bowl combine flour, egg, vanilla, sugars and butter; mix well with an electric mixer.
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave or double boiler according to package directions, be careful not to scorch.
- Add melted chocolate and nuts to mixture. Drop tablespoons full onto greased baking sheet and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
I have been meaning to make these cookies for weeks but everytime i buy the white chocolate i end up snacking on it before i make the cookies lol...These cookies are wonderful, the white chocolate adds a distinctive taste and the macadamias a lovely crunch... I wish now I had made them earlier... thankyou so much for posting, will be making these again for sure.
My cookies came out much flatter that the ones in the picture. I think it was because I didn't use the full 2 cups of flour. I used about 1 3/4 cups, and that must not have been enough. The cookies are lacking in body and also pretty greasy. They are quite sweet, too, but the flavor is good, which is the reason for the 4 stars. Live and learn, I guess.