Recipe by Vseward Chef-V
This is my variation of the popular Mexican Wedding Cookie. My sister Robyn makes these every year, and we can never get enough. So I had to have the recipe to make more.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped in food processor
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with the 1/4 cup of sugar and blend well.
- Combine flour and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixed with cinnamon (a bit at a time) and mix well. Add extract and stir in nuts.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 325°F for 18-20 minutes. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes and then coat well with powdered sugar.
- Variation: roll dough into 1-inch balls and bake (same as above). When cookies are cool, GENTLY roll in confectioners' sugar until coated well.