Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
For all you *chorizo* lovers out there!!! While visiting my sister recently we ate at a diner and enjoyed a savory breakfast! While I was enjoying this terrific dish, I thought to myself.... I can make this! Super easy .... got busy and made it at home, my family (boys) Loved it. Asked for it to be a repeat! :) So I'm posting it here, because I am known as losing my recipes if I don't. LOL
- 12 ounces chorizo sausages
- 12 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (I always keep some leftover)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch kosher salt (my preference)
- 1 (4 -4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 4 monterey jack cheese, sliced (more to taste -- )
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs and milk in bowl set aside.
- In large skillet saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add frozen potatoes and cook on med-high heat for @ 8 minutes.
- Push potatoes to side of skillet and add chorizo to other side and continue cooking 8 minutes (spoon as much of the drippings out).
- flip potatoes while cooking chorizo until lightly browned, add green chile on top pushing (not mixing) chorizo towards potatoes.
- Add egg mixture to side of skillet and scramble.
- once scrambled, incorporate into potato and chorizo to combine. With spatula, flip over gently until eggs are cooked, add bacon, and lay sliced jack cheese on top. Cover for 3-5 minutes while heating those flour tortillas!