Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is my best strawberry glaze. I will make this for a topping on a low-calorie to very rich cheese cake. The topping will make the cheesecake!
Top Review by l.cheryl
I made this glaze (doubled the recipe) to make a filling for an angel food cake. I pureed the strawberries in a blender (left the strawberry mixture soaking in the sugar in the fridge over night). While cooking the strawberry mixture, I also added a regular package of strawberry jello powder. This gives it a richer strawberry flavour and also helps the mixture to gel. Worked well for the cake and making a dream whip icing which is not sweet.
- 4 cups ripe strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush enough strawberries to make 1 cup pulp.
- Place pulp in medium saucepan; add 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 2 minutes or until mixture boils, thickens and is clear.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon butter and lemon juice.
- Cool to room temperature.