This is a recipe that is easy to assemble and has all the southwestern flavor I love. Using the convenience of refrigerated pie crust, you can make this dish in no time. Another savory chicken dish created with Rotiserre chicken. This recipe would be great as an appetizer or light dinner. One wasn't enough for my hungry gang ;)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano (can use regular)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 425°F Remove pie crust from refrigerator. Unroll and place flat on ungreased cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, toss together chicken, salsa, onions, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon chicken mixture onto center of crust spreading to within 1 1/2 inches of edge. Top chicken mixture with beans and 1 cup cheese.
- Fold crust edge over filling to form 1 1/2 -inch border, pleating crust as necessary. Brush crust edge with beaten egg.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. If necessary, during last 10 minutes of baking cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 5 minutes. To serve, top with avocado slices, tomato, lettuce, cheese, cilantro, limes or sour cream then cut into wedges. Or, cut into wedges and top each individual serving as desired.