1/2 Photos of V's Soft Turkey Taquitos With Southwestern Dip
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
Every year my dad would make these taquitos with leftover turkey. The corn tortillas are lightly fried in oil, rolled with turkey and sealed on a griddle and come out soft with a nice crunch with the turkey still moist and delicious. These are awesome because they are not deep fried or baked. I took over the tradition and have been making these for years. My family won't eat any leftover turkey in any other form except these soft taquitos. We look forward to these as an appetizer or a meal served with my own Southwestern Dip, Cheese Sauce, Salsa and my Chunky Guacomole the day after thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey or 4 cups cooked chicken
- 45 corn tortillas, room temp
- 1/2 cup canola oil, for frying
Dip Dry Mix
- 1Make the Dip and refrigerate ahead of time.
- 2Mix sour cream and mayonaise together in a bowl. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add dry spices to sour cream and mayonaise mixture stir to combine, cover & refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavors to meld.
- 3Taquito instructions: Heat oil in frying pan. Add one corn tortilla and fry for just a second, then turn and repeat. Place tortilla on a paper towel lined cookie sheet fitting about 6-8 per sheet. Place another papertowel over the tortillas and repeat with the rest until all are cooked. Sprinkle Salt over the tortillas as you go.
- 4Once all the tortillas have been lightly fried and are soft, take shredded turkey and place on tortilla in a line. Gently fold tight and place seam side down on another cookie sheet. Repeat until all the taquitos are rolled.
- 5Heat an electric skillet or griddle between 300-350' and oil surface generously. Place one taquito seam side down, add another right up against it and continue until you have a row across the skillet and taquitos are secure. Continue another row if you have room (I can generally cook about 25-30 at a time) Check the first taquito by rolling or using tongs to make sure seam is secure before turning. Roll taquitos left to right and let them cook 1-2 minutes, then roll again until they are secure and golden.
- 6Place taquitos on platter and serve with Southwestern Dip, Salsa, Guacomole, Sour Cream, heated cheese whiz or whatever you like!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V's Soft Turkey Taquitos With Southwestern Dip
Serving Size: 1 (2471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 114.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g