Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
My kids love shrimp... however, my husband is not a big fan, so when he has to work nights, this is a treat for the rest of us. This is a simple and delicious recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp in butter for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, broth, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture.
Dear Italian born and trained Chief: Why not add cheese to seafood/fish dishes? No explanation except NEVER, NEVER, NEVER. We LOVE seafood and fish dishes with cheese. It tastes great. It doesn't upset our stomach or poison us. I need a better explanation than just an admonition that implies that a chef knows best therefore never do it. We LOVE this recipe and will make it many more times.
Just for the record, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, add Cheese to Any Fish or Seafood dishes.
it does not go, take it from an Italian born and trained Chef.
I was very surprised at how flavorful the shrimp were in such a short time. This recipe is part of my regular rotation now. Use fresh lemon juice - it makes a huge difference!