Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have to share my version of saffron couscous.... I add cilantro to give it a pep. If you never tried saffron in couscous, you're missing out! This is definitely a treat for me.... no one in the family will eat it, and that's okay. More for me. Maybe if I add food coloring in it, the kids might not frown at the yellow colored dish :) This is one of my favorite sides.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron, crushed threads
- Finely chop the garlic, green onion and cilantro. Add to saucepan with chicken broth and saffron.
- Bring to a boil. As soon as the broth is boiling, add the couscous and remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes and serve.
Delicious and easy! Used regular chicken broth, and it was so good! Thank you for a recipe going straight in my cookbook!