Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my version of the popular Robert Redford Dessert. The crust has a nice crunch while the pudding and whip cream just melt in your mouth. So Good.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 9 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces chocolate candy bars, grated
- Prepare bottom crust by mixing together flour, margarine and pecans until crumblike. Press mixture into greased 13x9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350~F for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Fold in half of Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Combine chocolate pudding mixes. Beat in milk until smooth and thickened.
- Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread remaining Cool Whip over top. Sprinkle with.
- grated chocolate. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Okay, I cheated. I couldn't stand waiting overnite for this luscious dessert so I took a small bite...and another...and another. Yum!!! But V is absolutely right...it is even BETTER if you let it sit overnite. (Ha! Good luck.) This recipe is just fabulous! Thanks, V for sharing a delicious, quick and easy dessert.
I made this yummy dessert about 20 years ago and had forgotten about it. Now I will definitely make it again.<br/>It is very light but rich. Everyone will like it!!
My aunt makes this dessert but she calls it Guadalupe River Pudding. One of my all time favorite desserts