Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is something I make in our regular rotation and my family's Favorite and most requested. Recently made for a few friends -- so posting by request! Enjoy!
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I got mixed reviews on this recipe. While my 6 yr old newphew only liked the pasta my 5 yr old newphew ate his right up. My future hubby commented on how this smelled just like pizza. I loved all the meat in this dish they all mixed together so nicely. When I made this casserole I used 9 slices of bacon as I had an extra piece to use up. I did use the onion. I could only find 8oz bags of pepperoni so I used a couple of stacks. I could only find 6oz of canadian bacon so I just used that. I started with the 8oz of sauce but I thought the pasta was to dry so I added a whole 15oz can of pizza sauce. Still thought the pasta was dry so I added a 8oz can of tomato sauce. I didn't have Italian herb seasoning so end up using 1 tsp Italian seasoning. I couldn't find shredded montery jack but I did find a 8oz bag of of Kraft mild cheddar & monterey jack cheese so I used that. Overall this was pretty easy and pretty fast. I will make this again except next time I will add some salt to the casserole. I think I may even toss in some sweet sausage next time. Thanks for posting a really good recipe! Christine (internetnut)
- 12 ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 small white onion, diced (optional)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 8 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded (I use 1 pkg Pizza Blend Cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain
- Cook onion and garlic in 2 Tbl Olive oil until translucent. Add ground beef and cook until beef is browned, Drain well. rough chop and add half the pepperoni, add canadian bacon and cooked bacon.
- Stir in pizza sauce.
- Add pasta to meat mixture and stir to combine. Add 1/2 cheese mixture and stir again.
- Top with remaining chesse and Arrange pepperoni slices over casserole, top with parmesan cheese and italian herb seasoning.
- NOTE: You can bake right in your skillet if it is oven proof or pour mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve.