Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This salad is so refreshingly easy to make and goes great with any Mexican or Carribean dish. When my husband said he was making Carne Asada on the grill .... I got busy and made this salad to compliment the flavors. The lime based dressing is very tasty and the added chips and avocado are the main attraction. ;)
Top Review by fitnfamished
So yummy and healthy too! I heard on a cooking show EVO is best for dressing but only had olive oil (which is supposedly better for cooking) but it didn't matter it was still great. Thanks for posting Chef V! I took it to a Halloween block party & everyone loved it. BTW I really enjoyed reading your profile! I look forward to trying many more of your recipes.
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce, and
- romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onions or 1⁄2 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lettuce, tomato, onion, olives and cucumber in a large salad bowl.
- Mix dressing: In a bottle, place olive oil, lime juice, salsa and cilantro. Shake vigorously until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad with the dressing. At the last minute, toss in the tortilla chips.
- Add Avocado as garnish if desired.