1/7 Photos of V's Mexican Lasagna
1 hr 5 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
I was going to make chicken enchiladas and realized I didn't have tortillas so I switched it up a bit and came up with a Mexican Lasagna instead. It's a big hit and always requested in my house. I was honored to have it Published in SeptOct Issue of Taste of Home Simple & Delicious...pg 56!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken (rotissere chicken chopped)
- 14.79 ml oil
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use 2 Tbls canned minced garlic)
- 822.13 g can red enchilada sauce
- 425.24 g can red enchilada sauce
- 425.24 g container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml cilantro, finely chopped (another ingredient I have to hide)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded (I use 1 pkg Mexican Blend Cheese)
- 12 uncooked no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1Preheat oven to 375'.
- 2In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, add chicken and stir to combine. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese and cilantro.
- 3Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture into a sprayed 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. dollop ricotta mixture and cheese, Layer with three noodles, repeat chicken mixture and 1 cup shredded cheese. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and shredded cheese.
- 4Cover with foil and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 5As a side dish, I make a tossed green salad and add chopped cilantro to compliment the taste. Also serve with fresh french bread and butter or we eat it with Tortilla strips sometimes instead of bread. Yummy!
- 6Quick Tips: I buy a roasted chicken already cooked and cut it up. My family doesn't like onion so I use a grater to mince onion to make it so small they don't see it in the dish. Also, I buy a pkg of Mexican Blend Cheese that already has two cups of the Cheddar and Jack.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V's Mexican Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.3
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 1633.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles