Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mango is my FAVORITE fruit! Especially now that we can import from India. This is my own recipe and I love to serve it warm with a scoop of premium vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup mango pulp or 3⁄4 cup puree (available in most International Food Aisles) or 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mangoes, peeled and diced (2-3 ripe mangos)
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- In a smaller bowl sift the dry ingredients.
- Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in mango, raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan and shake until well distributed.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Was determined to use mango pulp instead of vegetable oil for this recipe & finally managed to find some! Also used macadamia nuts & made a GREAT TASTING bread! Here's a wonderful, new bread for me to keep on making! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the Spring's PAC]