Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I have my favorite baked beans recipe that I can now do in the Crockpot Making it easy to make ahead and transfer for potlucks, picnics and entertaining on the boat. I've seen several recipes on Zaar, but this is my version of the Slow Cooked Sweet and Spicy beans that my family enjoys year round.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 (32 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups original barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pickapeppa Sauce, sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker - mix well.
- Cover with lid.
- Cook on Low for 4-6 hours (or high for 3 hours).
Not familiar with Pickapeppa Sauce; used Chipotle Tabasco. This is definitely a kicked-up pot of beans! We loved them, and they were easy to do. Made for Beverage Tag, Feb. 09.
These are delicious and easy! We loved the sweet and spiciness of these baked beans and I will make them again. Made for the Crockpot Event in Cooking Photos.