Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a favorite cheesecake bar recipe. One that you can prepare and have a variety of toppings that your guest can build their own cheesecake. Toppings such as nuts, chocolate, carmel sauce, strawberry sauce, ice cream topping, whip cream etc. **RS: Pillsbury
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and margarine; mix well. Press crust mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add vanilla and eggs; beat until smooth. Add sour cream; blend well. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are set and center is still soft. Remove from oven; place on wire rack. Cool 1 hour. Cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours or until serving time.
- Cut cheesecake into squares. Serve with assorted toppings.
I used this recipe to make a copy cat of the Cheesecake Factory's White chocolate raspberry cheesecake... Instead of graham crackers I used 20 oreos (filling removed) the first time. This time around I wanted to try a thicker crust so I crushed 30. White chocolate chips on top of the crust then layered thinned, seedless rasp. preserves with this wonderful batter!! This is definitely my go to cheesecake recipe!! Just right!!!
I made these for my mom for Mother's Day & we LOVED them! The other reviews were right, they aren't overly sweet. They're just right. It comes out rich & creamy, super easy to make! The recipe makes a really thin crust in a 13x9 so doubling the crust wouldn't hurt. We didn't use any toppings, it's perfect alone. Thanks!