1/1 Photo of V's Easy Pulled Pork Sammy's (Crock-Pot)
8 hrs 5 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
Sometimes I don't post recipes because I make them all the time and they seem so basic to me. Recently a friend asked if I would share my technique for my BBQ Pulled Pork Sammy! This is a little similar to some I've seen on Zaar, but instead of adding water to the pot, I dilute BBQ Sauce with water which adds even more BBQ Flavor to these sandwiches. Great for Tailgating or make and wrap them up, steam in the Microwave in the roll bag for 1 minute then quickly wrap them individually and sneak them into the football game ;) as well as camping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork shoulder butt roast (Bone in or not, doesn't matter)
- 1 (21 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite- I use Hunt's Original)
- 0.5 (18 ounce) bottle bottle hickory smoke flavored barbecue sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon smoky paprika (Spanish)
- 12 sesame seed kaiser rolls
- 1Make several slices half way down the roast.- cut roast in half to make for even cooking.
- 2Season with garlic pepper and salt on one side, place fat side up in crockpot and season other side. Sprinkle with dried onions and paprika (Note: smoky paprika adds to the flavor without adding heat).
- 3Mix 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and 3/4 cup water in measuring cup. Pour into crockpot beside the roast, not over it.
- 4Set on low (8 hours).
- 5One hour before, drain excess liquid and shred right in the crockpot, I remove fat at this point. Pour Remaining BBQ sauce over the shredded pork and continue to cook another 45 min - 1 hour.
- 6On a clean surface, place open rolls on counter and add pork by heaping spoonfuls onto rolls. Place rolls inside bread bag and twist to close. Microwave for 1 minute. Leave the rolls inside the bag for a few minutes. This steams the rolls. Either serve immediately or wrap indivually and sneak into the football games like we do . LOL.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V's Easy Pulled Pork Sammy's (Crock-Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1031.5
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 2415.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 55.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic pepper seasoning