Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
After several failed recipe attempts, I finally did it. I came up with a way to make mashed potatoes in the slow cooker. I'm so excited. This will definitely help on time during the last minute craze to get dinner on the table and have the potatoes still warm.
- Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker.
- Season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Cover, and cook High for 4 hours.
- Do not remove the excess water from slow cooker. This adds to the creamy texture.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater, adding the desired amount of warm milk to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Keep warm on low until serving.
- My slow cooker has a warm setting which it automatically goes to once cooking time has been reached. Potatoes keep consistency for a couple of hours after mashing. Just keep the lid on the slow cooker and serve directly from there.
I used russet potatoes as that's what I had on hand. I liked the large quantity the rec. made. They were delicious, and so easy not having to boil and drain a big pot of steaming potatoes. This is a keeper for my holliday meals from now on. Thanks for posting it.
We enjoyed these. I didn't let mine go quite long enough, they could've stood another 1/2 hour to hour but I was in a time crunch, so mine weren't as smooth as we would have liked. We will make them again when we have more time. Served them with Creamy Pork Tenderloin from this website. I believe they will become a regular at our house. Thanks! UPDATE: Just made these again cooking full 4 hrs and they are so delicious and creamy!
I've made this recipe several times and it is always one of the first things to go! I've also tried making it with less milk and adding sour cream, cheese, and bacon for loaded mashed potatoes and all anyone can every say is "Heavennnnn"!