1/3 Photos of V's Do-Ahead Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
4 hrs 10 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
After several failed recipe attempts, I finally did it. I came up with a way to make mashed potatoes in the slow cooker. I'm so excited. This will definitely help on time during the last minute craze to get dinner on the table and have the potatoes still warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker.
- 2Season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- 3Cover, and cook High for 4 hours.
- 4Do not remove the excess water from slow cooker. This adds to the creamy texture.
- 5Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater, adding the desired amount of warm milk to achieve a creamy consistency.
- 6Keep warm on low until serving.
- 7My slow cooker has a warm setting which it automatically goes to once cooking time has been reached. Potatoes keep consistency for a couple of hours after mashing. Just keep the lid on the slow cooker and serve directly from there.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for V's Do-Ahead Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.2
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 592.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g