After several failed recipe attempts, I finally did it. I came up with a way to make mashed potatoes in the slow cooker. I'm so excited. This will definitely help on time during the last minute craze to get dinner on the table and have the potatoes still warm.
- Place the potatoes, water, and butter into a slow cooker.
- Season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Cover, and cook High for 4 hours.
- Do not remove the excess water from slow cooker. This adds to the creamy texture.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater, adding the desired amount of warm milk to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Keep warm on low until serving.
- My slow cooker has a warm setting which it automatically goes to once cooking time has been reached. Potatoes keep consistency for a couple of hours after mashing. Just keep the lid on the slow cooker and serve directly from there.