Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everybody has their favorite biscuit recipe, and I'm no exception. This is a family favorite for breakfast or dinner!
- 2 cups self-rising flour, plus more
- self-rising flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Cream until the dough forms a ball. Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with additional flour.
- Fold the dough in 1/2 and knead 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands.
- Gently roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter coated with flour, cut dough into biscuits. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Wow! The best biscuits I have ever eaten. My family inhaled them. Absolutely addictive. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
I made these for breakfast this morning. These were so quick to make and so good!!!! I have normally made biscuits with either butter and/or shortening, so when I saw this recipe, I just had to try them with the heavy cream. Boy, am I glad I did, these are lighter/fluffier and just delicious!!! The only difference I made was to cut the recipe in half. Thanks for posting a great recipe!!!
Excellant biscuits V. Rich, big, tender, creamy and oh so tasty. We really enjoyed these quick and easy to make biscuits. I liked the addition of the whipping cream as a fat, it has made the biscuits even more tender. I will be making these again often. Thanks Chef Vseward for sharing another winner.