- 2 cups self-rising flour, plus more
- self-rising flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Cream until the dough forms a ball. Turn the dough out onto a surface dusted with additional flour.
- Fold the dough in 1/2 and knead 5 to 7 times, adding just enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands.
- Gently roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter coated with flour, cut dough into biscuits. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray, leaving at least 1-inch between each biscuit. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.