Top Review by adopt a greyhound
I had some pulled pork I had done on the Kamado Joe so I mixed the spices added to the water and then warmed the pork. Later added salsa verde. It was excellent. Served with Recipe #10614, Recipe #282467 and Recipe #395853.,
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into chunks (carnitas meat)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (Mexican if you can find it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced onion flakes (or fresh onion)
- 1 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 16 ounces salsa verde
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all seasonings together in small bowl (except Salsa Verde).
- Mix Beef Boulion with water and pour in crock pot first.
- Rub meat with seasoning, place in crock pot, (for best results, I rub meat with seasoning the night before, let it sit in refrig to marinate).
- Cover and set on 6-8 hours. (Usually cooked within 6 hours).
- one hour before serving, drain pork drippings out leaving about 1/2 cup with meat. Pour Salsa Verde on top and stir to break up meat. Continue to cook. Just before serving I add a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up. (1 tblsp cornstarch, 1 tbls water).
- Serve with Spanish rice (Recipe #282467)and beans and enjoy!