Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is my tweaked recipe of Chicken Milan. Whenever I make my Mexican Lasagna, I always save some chicken to make this the next night. Always a hit in my house.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Loved this dish. My husband commented on how moist and flavorful the chicken was. As with the other reviewer, I will add just a touch more garlic/oil to the pasta next time. Had to omit the parsley, as I didn't have any on hand. :)
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to pkg directions. In a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 Tbsp oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden; stir in parsley and 1/4 t pepper. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, basil, salt and remaining pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs, add water. Dredge chicken chunks in flour mixture, then dip in egg wash.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Drain linguine and place on a serving platter. Pour reserved garlic mixture over linguine and toss to coat; top with chicken.
- Tip: to save time, I've also made this with leftover cooked chicken, just make the linquine, saute the garlic the same and cut down on the cooking time of the chicken. (since it's already cooked) Toss all together and serve. Tastes Great.