Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
If you like Almond Joy candy bars, brownies and a rich sinful dessert, try this one! Taking a brownie mix and adding almond extract to the batter and combining marshmellow cream, condensed milk and coconut making the creamy part and topped with toasted almond slivers. Oh YUM!!!
Top Review by ChefAliD
These brownies are AWESOME!! I have made them several times and everyone loves them. The only thing I do differently is use mini chocolate chips for the topping. I sprinkle them on while the coconut mixture is still warm so they melt a little and the almonds stick to them. Delicious!
- 1 (18 1/3 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 14 ounces condensed milk (only using 1/2 can)
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds, toasted if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9X13X2 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare Brownies as indicated on the box but add 1 tsp almond extract the same time you add the eggs. Cool. When the brownies are cool, poke holes all over the brownie's surface with a fork. (Keep the oven on).
- Put the condensed milk into a small medium sized saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Stir often so it doesn't turn the milk into caramel. Add the marshmallow cream and continue mixing until combined. Add the coconut and mix well. Spoon the coconut mixture over the cooled brownies and put it back in the oven for 8 minutes. Cool. (Turn off oven)
- In small bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave for a minute at a time and mix well. Continue until completely melted. Drizzle over bars. While the chocolate is still soft and unset, scatter almonds over the bars too. Cover lightly and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cut brownies 3 lines lengthwise with a sharp knife, then 5 lines across. You'll have 18 beautiful almond-joy-ee brownies!
- Raves all around!