Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
It doesn't get any easier than this. So simple to put together even the kids enjoy an assembly line. If you like Manicotti but don't want to hassle with filling the tubes, here's a simple technique that produces great flavor.
- 16 manicotti
- 16 sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese (1 pound)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the manicotti for 6 minutes, stirring once at the start to separate the tubes.
- Drain well, then rinse under cold water and drain again.
- Insert a mozzarella stick into each tube.
- Arrange the filled pasta in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the sauce on top.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top of the dish and serve.
The kids loved making this - and eating it! DS said he would like to try putting some sausage links in with the cheese next time. Thanks for a nice lunch.
This was extremely easy to make. It tasted really good too. For making during the week or if you don't have a ton of time, it is great. I will probably still go with a classic manicotti recipe if I am having guests though. But this is a wonderful "everyday" manicotti recipe. Thank you!