Recipe by Miss Annie
The name says it all, a fantastic potato salad from a top Atlanta restaurant, The Vortex Bar and Grill on Peachtree Avenue. I agree with the reviewer that the cooking time does seem like a long time however, this recipe is from the Vortex Restaurant, and this was the way it appeared in the San Antonio Express News. Therefore each chef should be aware of this and make your own adjustments.
Top Review by Maiya
I just made this, and I have to say WooHoo this is GOOD! Normally I only eat mustard based potato salads, but this recipe has changed that forever. I do have a few comments though: 1.) The ingredients list says red wine, and the directions say red wine vinegar. I used the vinegar. 2.) If I would have cooked the potatoes for the amount of time specified, I would have had mush. I just cooked them until they were tender when I inserted a fork. 3.) I had to leave out the celery because when I opened my produce drawer it wasn't a pretty sight. 4.) I was out of seasoning salt, but I think that would have made it too salty for me. I will be making it again with the celery!
- 4 lbs Red Bliss potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb celery, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons lawry seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes with skins on at a slow boil for 1 hour.
- Cool potatoes, then cut into 1/8ths and place in a large container.
- In a separate bowl, place onions and celery, pepper, salt, seasoning salt, sour cream, mayonnaise and red wine vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Add mayonnaise/vegetable mixture to potatoes and mix well.
- Chill before serving.