Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a spicy, Cajun pasta. You can make it more spicy if you dare. Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
- 16 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1 teaspoon blackening seasoning (see below)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Cook fettuccine noodles.
- Cut smoked sausage into slices.
- Sprinkle with blackening seasoning.
- Cook in skillet until brown.
- Into sausage stir; Alfredo, Tabasco.
- Pour over pasta.
- Toss until coated.
- ------BLACKENING SEASONING------.
- Mix all spices together and sprinkle on meat.
We really enjoyed this hot, spicy dish. I made it with boneless chicken rather then the sausage slices and didn't add the tabasco sauce. When I make it again I will add red and green pepper slivers to give some colour. Linda R
This was great! Added 1 bell pepper and 1 onion, both sliced, as suggested by another recipe. Threw that and the sausage into the skillet and then sprinkled with the seasoning. We'll use about half the cayenne next time, but I definitely prefer making the seasoning over buying it. Thank you!!
We really enjoyed this dish! Used some Hillshire Farms hardwood smoked chicken sausage and pre-made blackened seasoning because that's what I had on hand. The flavor was just right for us..not too spicy but just right! Will make many more times!