Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 9.85 ml creole seasoning
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 29.58 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml rum
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and arrange on baking sheet. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning and bake for 25-30 minutes, until chicken is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the onions. Heat oil in a large sskillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and brown sugar and cook until onions are soft and golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the rum and vinegar and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve the chicken with onions spooned over top.
I am giving this 5 stars. The chicken was ok-kind of plain but ok-but the onions were TO DIE FOR!!!!! My DD#1 said that this chicken sure was voodoo b/c the onions put a spell on her. LOL I did cut the rum down to 1/4 cup b/c I was afraid it would be too strong tasting for the kids but I should have left it alone. Terrific!!!