Recipe by Out of the Blue
From the Voodoo restaurant, as published in the Toronto Star a long time ago. Not for the calorie conscious but delicious ... it's nice to indulge once in a while. Prep and cooking times are estimate.
Top Review by Eileen C.
I printed this recipe over a year ago and finally got around to making it last night. It was excellent! I overdid the cajun seasoning (figured I'd use up the last in the jar), so it was a little too spicy, but that was my fault. If this wasn't so stinking fattening, it would be a regular on our dinner menu. Fattening or not, I will definitely be making this again.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 2 cups whipping cream (35%)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Grilled Cajun Chicken
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until all dente.
- Melt butter; add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute; add Cajun seasoning and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, until reduced by half; add cream and simmer until reduced by half; add drained pasta; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To prepare Cajun chicken topping for pasta: brush chicken breasts lightly with oil, then generously season with Cajun seasoning mix; grilled until cooked, then slice and arrange on top of pasta.