Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tasty fish recipe that is simple and just great for outdoor entertaining, This recipe uses a choice of fish fillets or whole fish. Enjoy.
- 2 stalks celery
- 6 large mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger
- 600 g fish fillets or 1000 g of whole fish
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- dry white wine
- Wash celery, mushrooms and peeled carrots and cut into thin slices or thin sticks. Steam or cook vegetables for 1 or 2 minutes. Keep juice.
- Peel ginger and cut into thin slices.
- Cut fish fillets into four pieces, season with salt and pepper. Lightly brush with oil.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Prepare a piece of foil twice as long as it is wide.
- Spoon half the vegetable mixture onto one half of the foil. Place the fish on the vegetables and top with remaining vegetables.
- Fold up sides of foil, pour on the wine and some of the juice from the cooked vegetables. Close the foil to seal the contents inside.
- Place on flat oven tray and cook for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Check to see if it is cooked and , if ready, serve immediately with the juices and vegetables.
- Tips. Use fish such as barramundi or snapper or similar. You can also use melted butter instead of oil. Use dry white wine not sweet wine.
I'm giving this 4 stars, mainly on the say so of my sisters. I'm not a real fish lover, nor do I eat my vegetables! For me, this dish said "you're eating fish" and "look at all the vegetables." However, my sisters like both and they said it satisfied their hunger for fish and vegetables. So, thnx for posting, Pietro. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.